HBO Max subscriptions are available through many providers. How you change or manage your subscription varies by billing provider (your billing provider is who you signed up through or who bills you for HBO Max).
First, find out who your subscription is billed through:
HBO billing Q&A
- When is my next billing date?
- How do I cancel?
- How do I change my billing period?
- What if the charge isn’t what I expected?
- How do I change my payment method?
- Why was I charged for a free trial?
- Can I get a refund?
When is my next billing date?
Your subscription automatically renews on your billing date. To find your next billing date:
- Open HBO Max or sign in at HBOMax.com on your computer. Can’t sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets), and then the Settings icon (upper left). Choose Subscription.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Settings, and find Subscription. Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles.
- See the date that appears after Next Billing Date.
If you’d like to switch from monthly to yearly billing (a 35% savings), see How do I change my billing period?
How do I cancel?
Your subscription automatically renews each month or year until you cancel. To find out when your subscription will renew, see When is my next billing date?
Ways to cancel
Once canceled, you’ll get an email from us confirming your cancellation. If you change your mind about cancelling, you can go repeat the steps above and choose Resume Subscription (instead of Cancel). Once your subscription has expired, you can resubscribe to HBO Max to start streaming again.
How do I change my billing period?
If your subscription is billed through HBO Nordic AB, you can switch your billing period (monthly or yearly) using the HBO Max mobile app or your computer.
When will this change take effect?
- Switch to Monthly billing: This change takes effect on your next billing date (at the end of your yearly billing period).
- Switch to Yearly billing: This change is effective immediately. You’ll be charged the price difference between plans (plus applicable taxes) and your next billing date will be in 1 year.
To cancel a plan change that isn’t effective immediately, sign in at HBOMax.com/account and choose Cancel Pending Plan Change.
What if the charge isn’t what I expected?
If your charge looks different than you expected, here are a few possible reasons:
- Applicable taxes are added to your subscription charge and they’re based on your current location.
- You may have a different billing period than you thought (yearly or monthly).
- Your promotional or discounted period may have ended and you were charged the standard subscription rate.
If none of these reasons apply and you’re billed through us (HBO Nordic AB), please contact us for help (instead of your payment service). If you’re billed through another company, contact them for help.
How do I change my payment method?
You can use any of the following: Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal.
Your credit or debit card needs to support automatic recurring payments and be issued in the country where you signed up.
There are a few ways you can change your payment method for your subscription.