The MedDream DICOM Viewer ensures a prompt and reliable way to search, view, analyze and diagnose medical images, signals and video files from anywhere and on any device. Web-based DICOM Viewer is developed using responsive design, that enables medical images to be accessed not only on computers, but also on tablets, smart phones or other devices with mobile view functionality.
MedDream is FDA cleared for diagnostic use including mammographic images and is CE Class IIb certified as a medical device that can be used for review purposes or even primary diagnosis. Read more about MedDream certifications.
As a diagnostic image viewer, MedDream consists of a Viewer component, which runs in a browser and does not require any installation on the client device, and a MedDream application server, which handles communication with the hospital systems (HIS/RIS/PACS/VNA and any other EMR) and prepares images for streaming to the MedDream DICOM Viewer.
MedDream uses a flexible and open integration interface for connecting to HIS and/or EMR systems primarily based on URL calls, thus allowing it to be integrated into any medical application.
HIS/RIS/EMR INTEGRATION. HOSPITAL/PRIVATE CLINIC
Integration of the web DICOM Viewer:
- Integration into HIS. Flexible and open integration interface (MedDream can be integrated into any medical application);
- Multi-language support.
URL link examples for DICOM Viewer integration into Information System:
- study search: search window;
- by study UID: 1.2.840.1136220.127.116.11.4271045733.996.1449464144.595;
- by patient UID: 00;
- by accession number: 0000000004;
- upload Study to DICOMLibrary.
Read more about MedDream DICOM Viewer integration into web applications in Integration Guide.
The MedDream DICOM Viewer supports the following DICOM files and formats: Implicit Little Endian, Explicit Little Endian, JPEG, JPEG-LS, JPEG 2000, RLE, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 Transfer Syntaxes.
- DICOM ECG file support;
- DICOM MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video playback support;
- DICOM study forwarding to pre-defined DICOM partners;
- Saving studies locally in DICOM, JPEG, TIFF and videos in MP4;
- Exporting studies to DICOM portable format.
The html5 zero-footprint DICOM Viewer, MedDream, can be integrated into any PACS system/VNA including: MedDream PACS, PacsOne PACS Server, Orthanc PACS, open-source: dcm4chee PACS, Conquest DICOM Software, ClearCanvas, etc. MedDream also can be integrated into cloud DICOM services: Google Cloud Healthcare, Azure Health Data Services, Amazon AWS S3 storage, etc.
Available versions of the DICOM Viewer for PACS servers:
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for MedDream PACS;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for PacsOne PACS server;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for dcm4chee PACS;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for Conquest DICOM software;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for ClearCanvas;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for Google Cloud Healthcare. Read more about MedDream integration into Google Cloud Healthcare;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for Azure Health Data Services. Read more about MedDream integration into Azure DICOM service;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for Amazon AWS S3 storage;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer for PACS supporting WADO;
- MedDream DICOM Viewer also can be adapted for any PACS server/VNA or other DICOM system.
The MedDream DICOM Viewer also supports MultiPACS by PACS plugins: dcm4chee v2, dcm4chee v5, Orthanc, PacsOne, DICOM QueryRetrieve, FileSystem.
The MedDream application server connectivity to the PACS can be achieved using:
- WADO RESTful services (QIDO-RS, WADO-RS, WADO-URI);
- DICOM Q/R on Study Level (C-FIND, C-MOVE, C-STORE);
- Direct access to the file system and database;
- Gateway PACS plugins.
MedDream supports Cross-enterprise Document Sharing for Imaging (XDS-I.b) profile as DOCUMENT CONSUMER (ITI-18, ITI-43, RAD-16, RAD-55, RAD-69 transactions). Read more about MedDream DICOM Viewer integration with IHE XDS profiles.
Depending on each specific installation, the preliminary hardware sizing information may vary slightly based on the modalities used in the institution. The minimum hardware requirements for the MedDream Application Server are described in Minimal server side requirements page.