The 12 Best Uptime Monitoring Tools
It is obvious that you have a website if you are here to read this content.
We can say that because you are in the right place to learn the uptime monitoring tools.
Providing the website working smoothly is as important as having a website.
Therefore, you need to be on the watch and check your webpage regularly.
However, we can guess that it may be tiring to do that, so we suggest you take a look at these 12 best uptime monitoring tools.
By doing so, it is possible for you to feel safe even when you are not controlling your page’s uptime and downtime.
You can have peace of mind because the tools will be doing it for you.
What is Uptime Monitoring?
To explain and comprehend uptime is quite simple.
Uptime stands for the period in which the computer runs without any problem.
We can refer uptime with percentages when it is up and working.
The uptime occurs when the website should work as it should be and give a response to everything needed in the functioning of the website.
As for the uptime monitoring, it is the provision of the website’s working on wheels.
The activity of uptime monitoring matters most for the health and prestige of your page and its functioning.
The 12 Best Uptime Monitoring Tools
The 12 tools we have collected are researched in detail, and you are recommended to examine carefully.
Websiteuptime is a functional uptime monitoring tool, and it also deals with status pages, which is one of the most appealing features of an uptime monitoring tool.
Examining the details, you can keep things under control with Websiteuptime since it deals with many issues on your monitor.
While it offers you the analytics of your page, Websiteuptime concerns about:
- monitoring your website, servers and ports,
- controls your cron jobs and their future performance,
- measures your statistics
- updates you if something is wrong or not,
- informs how long your problem will last.
You can be more informed about the pages you need to check so that you can prepare yourself for ups and downs.
- Multiple locations: Websiteuptime makes it possible to monitor from different locations, like websites, ports, and servers.
- Custom HTTP requests: It is now possible to create custom HTTP requests hassle-free.
- Custom HTTP responses: Checking the custom responses you set and expect from monitors is also achievable.
- Email notifications: The tool can alarm you if your service is up or down.
- Projects: Classifying your projects can help you, and organize the pages.
- Custom domains: You can use your particular domains, or the tool can give you one.
- More advanced features can be added to the tool.
- The language diversity is not satisfying.
- Activation can be problematic sometimes.
- The monthly and annual plans can be improved compared to the lifetime plans.
Pricing: There are very flexible pricing plan options. You can choose monthly, annually, or lifetime plans. To examine the monthly plans:
- The first plan is free for one monitor, QR code builder, and 120 days status pages statistics retention.
- The second plan is the Basic for $19. It presents 5 monitors, custom JS, and 365 days status pages statistics retention.
- The third monthly plan called the Expert costs $49 for 20 monitors, removable branding, and unlimited days status pages statistics retention.
Do you want to have the report of your pages weekly? Then, Better Uptime can do it for you.
Or, it is possible that it can alert you when the downtime occurs for you to know that and take action immediately.
It is a product of Better Stack, and it deals with incident management too.
- Fast customer support
- Emailing and sending message via Microsoft Teams
- Slack or SMS notifications
- Very customizable tool
- Free domain
- Straightforward to use enough
- Gives status pages as well
- Intuitive setup
- Easy UI
- Language options can be multiplied.
- It is not a cost-effective tool.
- The raw HTTPS Webhook server could be added with the other changes.
- The first login can be a little complex to handle.
Pricing: There is a free plan that you can try called Basic.
- The paid plans start with Freelancer costing $24 per month.
- Another plan is the Small Team plan, which costs $64.
- The third paid plan is Business costing $120 per month for multiple teams.
- There is also an enterprise plan for the large businesses which want to have custom plans
- Additionally, Better Uptime offers what collaborations do in one plan, which only costs $180.
With Pulsetic, you may never have to worry about your website going down and you being unaware of it.
Pulsetic is an uptime monitoring service that checks your website’s availability and responsiveness and sends alerts to you via phone call, SMS, email, or Slack if there’s an issue.
Plus, you can create status pages and incident reports to keep your visitors informed and updated.
- Website speed and uptime monitor
- Various communication channels
- Customizable public status pages
- Monitor response times from different locations
- Full reports for every request
- SSL certificates monitor
- Team collaboration feature
- UI is very simple and sleek
- Incident templates could be added to save time
Pricing: A Free Plan is available if you want to check it out first. After that, you can continue with Start, Pro, or Business plans.
- Start plan costs $9 per month, including 5 teammates.
- Pro is the recommended plan, and it costs $39.
- Business plan is $69 with 50 teammates and 1,000 monitored websites/APIs.
Datadog is such an advanced tool that it has many features to discover.
The tool categorizes the needs precisely so that you can find your expectations by pinpointing them.
Also, Datadog has a title as the leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for APM and Observability.
- Straightforward dashboard
- Excellent notifications
- Many integrations
- Following logins real time
- Tracking users’ flow
- Better observability in metrics
- Monitoring AWS resources
- Their support team is helpful
- Tagging data
- Opportunity to create a customizable dashboard
- Their support documentation needs to be improved.
- It has an intricate interface.
- The first setup can be complex sometimes.
- Geographies should need support
Pricing: There is a perfect nuance of Datadog regarding pricing. It directly addresses your needs and gives you different prices for different features.
In the Infrastructure feature, there are three plans;
- There is a free plan with 1-day metric retention for up to 5 hosts.
- The second plan is Basic, costing $15 per monthly host.
- The third plan costs $23, called Enterprise with advanced features.
Imagine that you take weekly reports for the alerts you have taken, and it is done automatically by Freshping.
Yes, it is a huge relief.
As the website monitoring tool of Freshworks, it does more than you expect with the features like outage analysis, performance metrics, global checks, etc.
Besides, you have the chance to want status pages if you want more.
Also, the users praise the free plan, which offers 50 websites monitoring 24/7 without any charge.
- Very easy to use
- Instant downtime alerts
- Highly cost-effective
- Simple setup
- Reasonable customization
- Succesful UI
- Multi-channel notifications
- Detailed graphs
- Straightforward integrations
- Customer service needs to be reachable.
- Past incidence could be shown adequately.
- People want more control over the status page feature.
- Dashboard configuration is needed.
Pricing: There are three different plans called Sprout, Blossom, and Garden.
- Datadog suggests that you can pay when you grow.
- Sprout is for the beginning, and it costs free.
- Blossom serves for the small team costing $11 per month, billed annually. It is $14 per month billed monthly.
- Garden plan costs $36 with 80 checks, and it is for the larger teams.
By allowing to add the teammates to take alerts, Hyperping sets a place to collaborate.
The tool also displays the process of the changes made by the Hyperping chronologically.
Hyperping’s monitoring skills are not limited to only one location but can control 14 areas.
- Easy to use
- Sleek UI
- Integrations with Slack, PagerDuty, SMS, etc.
- Downtime alerts on time
- Status pages extra to monitoring feature
- Incident manager
- Sightly design
- Available training documentation
- Simple setup
- Some bugs may occur sometimes.
- Integrations can be multiplied.
- Costs are high compared to others, but reasonable also.
Pricing: You can have the advantage of using it for 15 days without any credit card.
There are four plans designed for you, starting with the Basic costing $29.
- The Pro plan costs $79 with unlimited projects and 75 SMS credits.
- The Business plan needs $199 for 15 teammates.
- If you say these are not enough, the Enterprise plan costs whatever your need takes.
Pingdom/ SolarWinds Pingdom
Pingdom monitors uptime, page speed, and transaction as a tool with many sides.
Though it has some disadvantages as a tool, Pingdom successfully serves most of the time.
Now, let’s see how Pingdom functions as an uptime monitoring tool!
- Intuitive to use
- Notifications with email, SMS, or other API solutions
- Website performance reporting
- Page speed monitoring
- Simple setup
- API Documentation
- Root cause analysis
- Graphical interface
- Mobile responsive
- There is no free plan.
- Page loading times can change in the wrong way.
- It is costly.
- Creating custom metrics is not possible.
- There is a need to improve the integrations.
- More customization is needed for the public dashboard.
Pricing: Though many users are not satisfied with the pricing, there are flexible examples that you can observe.
- For Synthetic Monitoring, it starts at $10 per month with ten uptime and 50 SMS.
- For Real Uptime Monitoring, it starts with $10 per month for 100.000 pageviews.
- For the yearly plan with both the synthetic and the real uptime monitoring costs $240 yearly.
Sematext offers such detailed reports that you can quickly get used to the tool, and even you may wait for it to do monitoring things for you.
Also, friendly and easy synthetics Sematext has a great value and effect on the other people who want to use it.
The most mentioned thing about Sematext is its customer support; they are super helpful, responsive, quick, and problem-solvers based on customer reviews.
- Simple setup
- Immediate UI
- Possible customization
- Helpful customer support team
- Custom integrations with different apps
- Reasonable pricing
- Self-improving tool
- S3 archiving is possible
- Incident investigation
- Admin login in the interface can be developed.
- The users find the menus overwhelming.
- The tool is not so available for the old agents.
- There is a lack of using servers other than the monitor server.
- Mobile UI and UX can be improved.
Pricing: There are unique pricing plans for four different features of the tool: Logs, Monitoring, Experience, and Synthetics.
- If we pay attention to the Monitoring side, there separates two sections: infrastructure monitoring and integrations.
- Infrastructure Monitoring has a free plan, and the second one starts at $0.005 per hour with a 14-day free trial.
- Pro plan starts at $0.08 with a 14-day free trial in return for unlimited alert rules and host monitoring.
The tool both monitors nearly everything related to your website and does the work 24×7, as its name suggests.
You can reach from 90 locations, and it detects all your busy hours and IT-related details.
Site 24×7 defines itself as an all-in-one monitoring solution, so it is a jack-of-all-trades.
- Straightforward to use
- Robust tool
- Free version allows you to discover and test
- Immediate alert during the unstable service
- Helpful customer support
- Fairly low charge
- Easy to deploy
- Customizable notification options
- It cannot keep tabs on, and it cannot catch the new languages.
- It is a little slow in keeping the updates.
- It has a complicated user interface.
- An improvement in the layout is needed.
Pricing: Though they have a free forever plan, they also have four different pricing plans to address you.
- Starter costs $9, and it has a 30-day free trial like the other plans of Site 24×7
- The second plan, Pro, costs $35 per month if billed annually.
- The third plan is Classic, and it costs $89.
- The Enterprise is $449 as the fourth and last plan.
By claiming the fact that monitoring tools monitor, UptimeRobot monitors website, cron job, port, SSL, keyword, and ping.
Since it is a seamless tool, you can easily adapt to the tool and start using it.
After you have used the tool and not been feeling satisfied with the tool, you can cancel it and have your money back in 10 days.
- Flexible service
- Successful app design
- Lots of configurations and setting options
- 5-minute interval check
- Possible usage in different locations
- Fair pricing for the most
- Free and useful integrations
- Status page option
- Customer support is not the best one.
- Lacks in incident management are seen.
- Some unstable issues have been experienced by the customers.
- It may not be so applicable for your fancy wishes because it is too simple.
Pricing: There are different pricing plans, and if you pay, you will be more apt to have more features.
- The first plan is Free like some other tools. It has qualifications, like checking for 5 minutes and 50 monitors
- The second plan is Pro, and it gives you 1-minute checks for 50 monitors in return for $7 per month annually. You can arrange the amount accordingly.
- The third plan is Enterprise. It is customized by the team for you based on your wishes and expectations.
With 171 locations available worldwide, Uptimia provides transaction monitoring.
Also, daily reporting helps you learn the daily, weekly, and monthly status.
In addition to uptime monitoring, Uptimia makes a website availability test for free if you would like.
- Speed monitoring service
- Instant diagnosis
- Instant notifications
- Variety of options what to do with the tool
- 5-minute intervals
- 5 data centers
- Redundant infrastructure
- Root-cause analysis
- Knowledge center and contacting support
- The free tools can be added.
- The improvements can be made in terms of features.
Pricing: Starter, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise are the four pricing plans. Each has a 30-day free trial, and no credit card is required.
- Starter costs $10 per month, and you should remember that the first two months are free in the yearly plan.
- Standard is the recommended plan, and it costs $34.
- Advanced plan is $90 for medium-sized companies with 150 uptime checks.
- The large businesses prefer Enterprise, and it costs $185 per month with 500 uptime checks and 30-second intervals.
Uptrends has promised to solve your problems faster and make you happier.
This is because Uptrends addresses many features, like Uptrends Synthetics, Uptrends RUM, and Uptrends Infra, all of which contribute to the use of the tool.
Besides, it captures the metrics and helps you understand your position.
- Easy to set up
- Simple onboarding
- Multi-location support
- Favorable customer service
- Personal and team dashboard views
- Straightforward authentication
- Easy to set up new URLs as well
- Private checkpoints
- The user interface could be more modern.
- Mobile and browser combination is needed.
- Alerts and notifications are problematic.
- Costing could be cheaper.
Pricing: The free trial is possible for 30 days. And the Starter plan is changing based on the number of your monitors by starting with $16.21 per month.
- Business plan has a 30-day free trial, costing $22.61.
- Enterprise, which deals with larger companies, needs $54.04 without the change of the prices for monitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
You have learned the tools, yet do you need more questions to answer?
Okay, then. Let’s move on to answering them!
If you have any other questions than them, you can ask us in the comments below!
What is the Most Favorable Uptime Monitoring Tool?
The favorite is relativistic. That means your favorite one and our favorite one in choosing the right uptime monitoring tools for the web pages. Therefore, you need to determine what your primary need is.
Is it a budget, advantages, disadvantages, time you spend while you are interested, or anything else?
- If you care about budget, you can choose Freshping.
- If you focus on the one with the most advantages, you should choose Better Uptime.
- If you want a tool that you can control from various areas, your choice should be Uptrends.
It is conceivable for us to extend the possibilities for you, but it is best when you choose the one you want to monitor your page.
What Should We Consider When We Choose an Uptime Monitoring Tool?
As you are familiar with our other blog posts, we care about your choices.
And while choosing an uptime monitoring tool, you need to be careful about some issues such as;
- You need to check if it is a timesaver or not→ It is important because we expect a tool to save our time.
- Price is essential → If you are strict with your budget, then you should choose a cost-effective tool.
- It is easy to use→A tool’s ease of use matters because it should be quick and effective to fulfill your needs.
- Are the features of the tool enough for you? → There are tool options to choose from, yet it is significant for you to choose the one that fits your expectations.
- Security is the key→ While the tool checks your page, it also has access to your information as well. Therefore, the tool should give utmost importance to your rates.
- You may need some support→ It is possible to come across issues related to the tools, then you should be communicating with the customer support to solve your problems.
What Happens When We Do Not Mind Uptime?
Uptime gives the website’s positive side; that is when it is working.
Mostly, we wish that the website could work free of problems.
However, if the website’s functioning is not controlled appropriately, downtime occurs.
Downtime is the most unwanted thing because its effects on the cost are high.
But, what downtime is exactly is also answered; check this out too!
What is Downtime?
Downtime is not the total opposite of uptime because uptime checks if the website is working or not.
On the other hand, downtime measures the time the website is not working correctly, and it reflects the problematic time.
What Causes Downtime?
Downtime is one of the nightmares you can live if you have a website and business to follow.
There might be some problems causing downtime.
We can order them, like;
- hardware failure,
- software problems,
- network issues,
- human-made mistakes.
Why Do You Need Uptime Monitoring?
We keep telling you that uptime monitoring is essential, but you may have a right to wonder why we need it and the tools.
Indeed, there are some points that we think that uptime monitoring tools are needed.
- The tools display the availability and the situation of your website.
- They discover if there is any problem with your software or not.
- They save your money because they give a lot of feedback about the process of the website.
- They prepare you for the following threats/downtime possibilities.
- Downtime blocks conversion, and the activity of sales and marketing is interrupted.
- Downtime causes the destruction of a customer’s positive perception.
- The length of downtime batters the effort of SEO, so the interaction of the page lessens.
- The user experience is shatterred when the webpage goes through a downtime process.
To Cover What We Have Mentioned
Uptime monitoring tools will be pretty helpful if you decide to use them.
You will save your time, money, effort, and so many things.
In this technological era, it is crucial for us to determine the way we move.
Therefore, the destiny of your webpage can be decided with the help of the uptime monitoring tools so that you can find out what goes on easily.
Now, do your best shot by choosing the uptime monitoring tools, and do not waste time any longer! 🙂
Also, Take a Look at These Contents
If you want to discover more about the eCommerce world and business-related content, do not hesitate to take a look at these contents also!
- The 7 Status Page Tools To Benefit
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins Reviewed (Free & Paid)
- Top 21 CRO Tools to Boost Conversions and UX (Free & Paid)
- 10 Landing Page Call to Action Tactics to Boost Conversions
- How To Increase Sales With 17 Proven Methods via Digital Marketing